Hope you did not miss it.
The Indian construction industry is facing challenges due to low productivity, lack of skilled workforce, time and cost of the construction. To meet the infrastructural development, precast building technology is facing several challenges such as lack of awareness, lack of expertise, lack of skilled engineers and a general misconception that precast is costlier than conventional method of construction. Due to lack of awareness in the design of precast structures the major challenges are as follows
Design- Precast structures are divided in to number of structural elements and and every element has to be designed separately based on the load on the particular element.
• Incorporate MEP services
• Investment - Initial investment is huge due to factory setup, machines, RMC plants, tower cranes etc.,
• Human resources- Lack of skilled manpower with the training on precast industry, operation of various, machineries,
• Site Accessibility- Lack of developed road network
• Storage- Casting and curing of precast element
• Taxes- Huge taxes on manufacturing units
1) Introduction to precast structures
2) Design of Precast structures
3) Effects of connections on precast structures
4) Precast in Construction 4.0
How to reach VIT University Chennai Campus, Chennai
Chennai Campus Vandalur - Kelambakkam Road Chennai - 600 127
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.