Programming Competitions in College Fests, Events in December 2017.
College Fest Name
7 Upcoming College Fests
Big Data Analytics with Sentiment Analysis 2017 18 Dec 2017
Karpagam College of Engineering Coimbatore
Topics to be covered:
• Hadoop Architecture
• MR & HDFS
• PIG Latin
• Sentiment Analysis
• R – Programming
ADWIETA 2017 22 Dec 2017
GITAM University Visakhapatnam
PEN AND PAPER
● WORD IT OUT
How good are you at technical terms without any clues?
In this game, the participants will be given a few jumbled technical terms which they have to work out and rewrite the correct term and arrange them into a crossword. The twist is that, no clues will be given to fill the crossword. Participants have to figure out by the number of letters in each word and fill in the crossword to complete the game.
● WOMEN OF DEVELOPING TECHNOLOGY
Great female personalities have been responsible for the technological developments and inventions of today’s tech world. Find out how well aware you are of them by taking this quiz about some of the amazing women who have made innovations which resulted in a revolution.
● FASTEST FINGER FIRST
How quick are you under pressure? Find out in this game of fastest finger first where time plays a very crucial role.
IEEE Programming LEAGUE
Test out your coding instincts.
● If you have amazing coding skills, then this game is for you.
● Participants will be divided into pairs and will be given a computer program.
● There will be a time limit in which they will have to execute the program by using proper algorithm.
● The pair which executes the program within the given time limit without any errors, wins.
SPIN THE WHEEL
Prepare for the unpredictable.
● This game is played with the help of a wheel which consists of technical topics with a pointer attached at the center.
● The wheel is spun by the participant. The corresponding topic at which the wheel stops by the pointer will be given to the them.
● The participant has to provide at least one of the five main characteristics of the topic for one point and they should earn at least 25 points under one minute.
If science is your passion, then you should definitely take part in this exciting event.
● Just use your creativity and capture the moments that look scientific to your eye. It could be about anything, as everyone has different views.
● Capture anything scientific that interests you. It could be from everyday phenomena as well.
● All you need to do is concentrate and capture. Think out of the box and come up with a brief write up explaining your click.
RACE YOUR BRAIN
Do you love making remote control cars? Check how good your car is.
Design your own mini RC car(wired/wireless) and find if it is the best by letting it go one on one with its contenders. So gear up guys and go vroom with your brainchild! Agile anticipation and coordination of fingers can get the job done as time plays a pivotal role here.
DESCRIBE YOUR DISCOVERY
Want to present and voice out your ideas? Then this is your chance.
The participants can come up with his/her favourite aspect in the field of technology and present it in the form of a PPT.
The presentation should not exceed 20 minutes.
TEST YOUR REMINISCENCE
Do you have amazing memory power? Find out how well you can remember things.
This event consists of two rounds and a powerpoint presentation about great female personalities. After playing the presentation, students will be divided into a couple of batches.
● The first round consists of three quizzes on different topics which will be chosen through lucky draw.The topics are fastest finger first(arranging states of India from left to right), movies, technical knowledge, mythology, etc. Each quiz will consist of 8 questions and each correct answer carries one point.
● After getting confused enough, the next round begins. The second round has questions related to the presentation which was shown at the beginning of the event. Each correct answer carries two points.
● That’s not all. After each quiz of the first round, there will be a surprise. The leading team of each quiz will get the surprise box which consists of either extra points or headlines.
Solving problems is always a challenge, but when a group is working together to puzzle out, you can surely get the best solution. Now, it is your turn to solve something really fun.
● In this game, the floor is very attractively filled with squares. Most of the squares are black and white and some have different options.
● One member of the team is blindfolded while the other member needs to look into the selfie camera of his mobile standing in the opposite direction and guide his/her team mate to the end of the floor.
● When the participant is led to a box that is neither white nor black, there will be a special command in there like “take back 2 steps” or “go ahead 3 steps” or “get back to the starting”.
5 COMBO TIME
Let the games begin! Experience the Five-combo set which include the following.
● Typo Accuracy
Do you still remember how to use the “Old Phones”? Test yourself.
In this game, the participants will be given a phone which has an “Old Phone” keypad instead of a qwerty keypad. You will be given a topic or a message and a time limit. Using the old phone, you have to type the message with correct spellings, good punctuation and highlights wherever necessary within the given time.
● Minute to Win it.
The perfect game to find out how quick and perfect you are under pressure.
Participants will be given a number of tasks and one minute to complete them. The one who completes all the tasks within one minute wins.
● Blow your lungs
Use your lungs instead of your hands.
In this game, participants will have to lift plastic glasses with the help of a balloon by keeping it in their mouth and blowing it inside the glass to lift it and keep it onto another table in one minute.
● Balance the whiff whaff
Do you have shaky hands? If you don’t then this game is for you, and if you do, then it is much more fun.
In this game, few ping pong balls will be placed on compact disks. These disks have to be placed on top of a bottle by balancing the balls without touching them within the given time.
● Bounce into the cup
Find out how well you are in getting the target.
There will be a couple of empty drink cups placed on a table at a distance. The participants will have to throw ping pong balls into the cups with just one bounce. The participant who successfully fills all the cups with a ball each in the given time wins.
FLIP OR FLOP, BREAK THROUGH THE TALK
Try to speak without getting confused, because this game can mess up your brain.
● In this game, participants will be divided into two batches and will be given a topic.
● One batch has to speak in favour to it, and the other batch has to speak against it.
● This is unlike the conventional debating. After five minutes of debating, the judge will give a command “switch” then the speakers should toggle between “for” and “against”.
● The judge keeps repeating this command every five minutes as the speakers continue to switch between them without getting confused.
TECHNICAL DUMB CHARADES
Are you bored of the casual games? Try this new themed dumb charades.
● Technology when combined with entertainment can light you up. Here's one such technical event.
● One of the participants will be given a simple circuit or a component on which they should act upon to convey it to their fellow members and complete the circuit in the stipulated amount of time.
● The team members should be able to guess the circuit within the given time.
As time plays a crucial role in this game, the team that takes least amount of time to complete the circuit will be declared as winners.
Want to go on a quest and recreate the uncharted? Then this is your forte!!
● With a team of 5 , this event would provide an ample scope to bring out the hidden "Indiana Jones" in you.
● The first round is the riddle round , where a participant from every team picks up a chit kept in a bowl at random. This chit consists of a riddle that has to be solved within the stipulated time. The teams that take the least time proceeds to the next round.
● The second round consists of a number of marking flags, out of which a flag contains the QR code that discloses the location to the next round. The team finding this proceeds to the next round.
● The third round proves to be a real fix .Each team is provided with some clues and they have to fill in the blanks left on the venue with the missing pieces, the team that does this in the minimum time paves a way to the final round.
● The final round is like a rapid fire round. The participant is seated and a question is asked. With the team’s assistance when the question is answered , the volunteer gives a number to the team . This continues till the 5 questions are done ,and once the team obtains the 5 numbers and arranges it according to the timely instructions , it is taken as the final title winner.
R Programming Workshop 2017 24 Dec 2017
Top Engineers Chennai
R Programming Workshop
Technovanza 17 26 Dec 2017
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute VJTI Mumbai
AUTOBOTS (ROBOTICS EVENTS)-
â€¢ ROBOWARS: A battle between two wireless heavy robots carrying active weapons controlled externally in a closed arena. Prize money INR 1,80,000 to be won!
â€¢ VJTI Robotics Challenge (VRC): VRC is teamwork based robotic event aiming at coordination between a manual bot and a line following autobot. Prize money INR 70,000 to be won!
â€¢ MONSTER ARENA: Think your bot can take on any obstacles thrown at it? We give you a grueling track filled with a heady mix of obstacles to test your bot. Toughen up and drive your bot through this Monster Arena to emerge the top dog. Weâ€™ll be giving cash prizes of INR 15000!
â€¢ WALL-E: An event involving moving an autonomous line follower bot on the desired track, Prize money INR 10000 to be won!
â€¢ ROBOSUMO: A battle between two moderately heavy wired/wireless bots in an open arena without any active weapon, easier than Robowars. Prize money INR 15000 to be won!
â€¢ ROBOSOCCER: Interested in football? And want to make it tech-savvy? Make a manually controlled bot that can play football. Participate in this amazing event at Technovanza and prizes INR 7000.
â€¢ AQUA BATTLE FRONT: Itâ€™s a new event at Technovanza 2016 which involves moving a robot underwater. Prize money INR 10000 to be won!
I-MECH (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING RELATED EVENTS)-
â€¢ CLIMB-E-ROPE: This event is a race between rope climbing bots by using hydraulic mechanism. Prizes INR 3000 to be won.
â€¢ FAST & FURIOUS: Make the fastest and toughest IC Engine car & brace yourselves as you maneuver it around an all-terrain course with steep ramps and tight bends! Go fast, go furious and punch in the fastest times to blow away the competition! Cash prize of INR 65,000 up for grabs!
I-CODE (CODING EVENTS)-
â€¢ C-WAY: Programming in C â€“ Prize money INR 4000 to be won!
â€¢ JAVA GURU: Programming in Java â€“ Prize money INR 3500 to be won!
â€¢ TECHNOHUNT: Enter the world of exquisite Programming where your analytical & logical skills will be put to test in a series of juxtaposed coding riddles and problems requiring concentration & coordination. Use knowledge of C, C++ or Java & crack the levels to emerge victorious in this Techno Hunt! Prize money INR 5000 to be won!
â€¢ ULTIMATE CODER: Ever wondered to experience the most challenging coding competition? Can you keep your cool under tense situations & focus on your code? If yes, then this is the event for you! Prize money INR 25000 to be won!
â€¢ MISSION SQL: Aims at executing SQL queries to generate your required results. Prize money INR 3500 to be won!
â€¢ CODE SWAP: Code Swap is coordination based Programming challenge where the players in a team will interchange their codes. Swapping allows the players to code in not only one but two programs in different languages which make it all the more interesting and challenging. Prize money INR 4000 to be won!
â€¢ Sherlocked: A new event at Technovanza 2016! Prize money INR 5000 to be won!
I-BUILD (CIVIL ENGINEERING RELATED EVENTS)-
â€¢ SMART CITY: Ever harbored dreams of building a city? Realize your dream through this event, wherein youâ€™ve to put creativity and planning skills to use and create the perfect City! Prize money INR 10,000 to be won!
EUREKA (INNOVATION AND TALENT EVENTS)-
â€¢ MAKERâ€™S SQUARE: A national level exhibition between projects in ranging from electronics to robotics, mechanics, civil, physics experiments, etc. Make use of this platform provided by Technovanza to showcase your ideas to the world by redesigning technologies and devices. There are prize money INR 30000 to be won!
â€¢ RCMO-Rubikâ€™s Cube Mumbai Open: Do you think youâ€™re fast enough to solve any Rubikâ€™s cube? Want a platform where you can compete in this aspect with like-minded people? Technovanza presents Rubikâ€™s Cube Mumbai Open (RCMO), a WCA certified event and one of Indiaâ€™s largest cubing competitions, provides with one such opportunity. Cash Prize of INR 30,000 to be won.
â€¢ TPP-Technical Paper Presentation: Hereâ€™s your chance to present yourself, explain the working of gadgets or provide innovative solutions to the current problems faced by the world. Grab this opportunity and present your views by submitting and drafting your thesis on white paper. Based on your fact-finding and experimentation you will be rewarded with cash prizes of INR 15,000!
â€¢ CRYPTEXT: Hereâ€™s your chance to be a detectiveâ€¦ Put on your thinking caps, gear up your mind, get your magnifying glasses and sharpen your deduction skillsâ€¦ We present you our very own Murder Mystery in â€œCryptextâ€. Decrypt your way into suspect profiles and clues and forensic analysis of murder weapons to find the culprit in this adventure filled eventâ€¦ Prize money INR 2500 to be won!
â€¢ IoT-Internet of Things: An online MCQ test with questions related to IOT; will be hosted on hackerearth.com. Prize money INR 2500 to be won!
â€¢ CODE ROYALE: A 5 day online coding event. The event will be hosted on codechef.com. Prize money INR 3500 to be won!
â€¢ CODE IN X: Love Coding?? Know all the coding Languages?? You think you know it all?? If you are the best out of the rest, then here is a chance to prove it. Code in X, is an open challenge to all the geeks out there. Come and quench your thirst. Accept the challenge and test the coder in you. The event will be hosted on codechef.com. Prize money INR 3000 to be won!
â€¢ MYST: This is an online puzzle solving event where the aim of the candidate would be to decrypt the pictorial message. Prize money INR 3000 to be won!
â€¢ VSM: Virtual Stock Market: Always cherished striking gold, trading at Dalal Street/Nasdaq? Think you can grab opportunities and make most of out of the dynamic stock market? Are you that smart investor who can buy right and sell right? Do you believe that the Stock Market is where you belong? BRACE YOURSELF. Here comes the simulation of it i.e. VIRTUAL STOCK MARKET game presented by Technovanza in association with Endeavor. It is an exciting opportunity to show your investment skills and win prizes by playing this game. Prize money INR 3500 to be won!
Are you a leader on campus and comfortable coordinating people, events and exhibits?
Apply to become a Technovanza Campus Ambassador for your college campus and join an exclusive network of campus leaders all over the country! The college cup includes all Events and Exhibits of Technovanza worth INR 5.5 lakhs. Apply for VJTI Technovanza Campus Ambassador and lead your college to glory - (www.technovanza.org/CA)
A new initiative by Technovanza giving the young minds an opportunity to explore their abilities and talents through various interesting competitions. Prize money INR 25000 to be won!
Future scientists up on display!
The Science Fair is an opportunity to exhibit projects and research for the scientists of tomorrow. Exposure and appreciation from a crowd of thousands will motivate these young minds to greater heights.
Sixty Seconds To Fame:
Sixty seconds is all u have to conquer this fame! It is an event where aspirants are provided with a stage to come and speak up all they can about science and technology topics in a matter of 60 seconds!
It's time for Quriosity! Here's an exciting science and technology quiz for the inquisitive minds. An amazing opportunity for students to test their wits and knowledge.
Python Programming Workshop 2017 30 Dec 2017
Top Engineers Chennai
Python Programming Workshop
Embedded Systems Programming Workshop 07 Jan 2018
Engineering Forum Chennai
Practical Sessions on:
Embedded C Programming .
MP LAB IDE HITECH C-Compiler .
Embedded Systems Example Programs .
Addressing modules & more
International Workshop on Android Application Development IWAAD 17 21 Jan 2018
Coimbatore Institute of Technology Coimbatore
MODULE 1: JAVA CONCEPTS
MODULE 2: INTRODUCTION TO ANDROID
MODULE 3: APPLICATION STRUCTURE
MODULE 4: EMULATOR- ANDROID VIRTUAL DEVICE
MODULE 5: BASIC UI DESIGN
MODULE 6: MENU
MODULE 7: INTENTS (IN DETAIL)
MODULE 8: UI DESIGN
MODULE 9: STYLES & THEMES
MODULE 10: SQLITE Programming
MODULE 11: APP DEVELOPMENT
MODULE 12: PUBLISHING APP IN PLAY STORE
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.